Sunday, January 20, 2008

JJ Abrams is a bastard

Not being content with all the current mysteries in my life, I decieded to go along to the new JJ Abrams project "Cloverfield".

NB: I am aware that the interweb will be Chock-A-Block with reviews and comments on this movie. However, I will take the ever present tangent on this one.

I was quite fond of the Lost series and kept pace with it up until the end of series 2. After that I couldn't be bothered. Questions and unknowns raised their heads like disturbed readers at a council library. I couldn't take it anymore so I walked away.

Knowing this as I did, I still went to Cloverfield. First I must say that
a) I enjoyed it , 3.5 stars in all
b) I know that a self induced injury cant be complained, but that wont stop me.

In true JJ, style there is a thrilling ride, and a lot of questions but no freakin answers. Which thankfully brings me to my point.

If I want something thats long, confusing & has no answers, I have my life.
So for the next few days I am forgetting the Cloverfield thing, and focusing on my life with the following questions.

1) How does my overweight cat know the value of items in my house? And why does it find the most expensive items the most comfortable?

2) Does every single car heading towards me have its high beams on, or am I just at an unfortunate height, whilst sitting in my car?

3) How come everyone knows my "secret back way" when driving to work. Who told them, it wasn't me.

4) What the hell am I going to do with my kitchen draw full of plastic bags? You can't recycle them, can't throw them out. They are the bag equivalent of the 5 cent piece.

5) At supermarkets, when something is on special, why does the advertising sticker say "Only $1.40 each OR 2 for $2.80!" am I missing something here, I don't think thats a bargain, it certainly dose not deserve an exclamation mark.

6) Really, I mean really, how much dose it cost to make a bag of popcorn? $8.00 for a large bag. I feel sorry for the 14 year old serving at the candy counter. It must be damn depressing to be selling something that it would take 2 hours work for you to buy yourself.

1 comment:

Jo said...

I don't want to hear any more about your secret back way.